Pimp My Conky
Conky is a small utility for X systems which displays various system statistics and graphs on your desktop. The tiny piece of software is highly configurable, exceptionally light-weight and well … Zooey Dischanel-ly sexy — that’s officially an adverb now, your disagreement doesn’t matter. In layman’s terminology, it’s the “green” stuff on far left:
(Click on the thumbnail for larger version.)
Be the screenshot as it may, here‘s how I pimped the stats. To use the same settings for your setup, replace your configuration file at
~/.conkyrc with the one at provided link and restart Conky. You’ll get the following:
- Processors usage bars and graphs for a multiple core CPU.
- Memory usage bars and graphs.
- Disk usage bars and graphs.
- Network traffic graphs. You may have to change the interface in configuration file from
wlan0to the one your system has.
- CPU temperatures. You need lm-sensors to make these work.
- Track currently playing in Audacious Media Player.
Just because rides aren’t pimp-able with a text file.Tags: Conky, Desktop, Eye-candy, Open Source, Technology